Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Hair Carnival! Beautiful Butterfly With A Fancy Half Updo

Happy Halloween Everyone! I hope you all had a fun and safe night. Keyanna had a blast! (for the most part). 

This year, after eyeing a pair of wings at the craft store, Keyanna had her heart set on being  a butterfly. So we did another homemade costume this year. I think she looked super cute and it hardly cost us anything!. We got the wings on sale for $5.99, the tutu we reused from last years rockstar costume (we just took the pink out),  I spent about  $2.00 on a little more orange/black tulle to fill it up again and to make the headband. The make-up is LA Colors from the Dollar Tree, and the rest of the costume (boots, leggings, and a black gymnastics leotard) she already had! So.. Total cost? Only about 9.00! 

The hair was not exactly what we had originally planned, but Key absolutely LOVED it! We went with a half Updo, and since I wanted a lot of volume behind her headband I had the genius idea of using a Bumpit. Lol. 

I wanted her roots to be really straight for this style so I started by flat ironing her hair using…………… (I know a lot of you choose not to use heat on your child’s hair, I personally don’t have a problem using it on rare occasions and it hasn’t caused any problems for us.) I then added the Bumpit on the crown of her head, took the top half of the loose hair, gave it a little twist, and secured that part in the back of her head using a few more pins. 

For the bottom half of the hair I added a few medium size Curlformers and set them using Deva Curl AnGel (review coming soon) I left those in for a few hours and she was good to go! 

Here is my beautiful butterfly!



And here are a few pics of her 'do 





Got pics of your little one? Feel free to post them on our Facebook page! 

Check out more Hair Carnival posts on these fabulous blogs! 

Untrained Hair Mom               Mainly Braids               Life With Captain Fussybuckets
Happy Halloween               Charlotte's Avenue               Goldilocks*n*Me
You Can Do It Too               Diva Locks               The Shopping Duck   

12 comments:

  1. Beauuuuuutiful costume!! Uh you are hired for costume design for next year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous little butterfly! It looks like she's having fun flapping her wings lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! The bumpit totally worked. Great costume!! I love the first (jumping - action shot) photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her costume is very pretty and so is she. She looks like she had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is gorgeous!! that photo of her "flying" is amazing!! Beautiful butterfly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I looooove the wings and esp at that price?! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete